Friday, June 26, 2009

Old habits.. dont die fast

Today, Zach left and I decided what better way to spend a rainy day then go to the dentist (not, but Kathy made the appointment, so that's how my rotten day started, drilling away in my poor mouth). But anyways, I came home to my empty house and decided to watch a movie, so I scrolled through all of the "on demand" movies, and stumbled across "the boy in the striped pajamas" now for those of you that have not seen it, it is about a German boy (son of a head soldier) and a Jewish boy in a concentration camp, forming a friendship through the electric fence of the camp. Unfortunately, I am not naive enough to think that this kind of brutal racism doesn't still occur, yet its very very sad to think about. When I talked with Emily, we talked briefly about the prejudice that still occurs in the world. And it is very shocking to me, I feel like I want to stand at the mountain top and be the biggest advocate for it. This movie, is a very touching movie for those of you who can stand to watch the awful events that occurred back in the 1940's. I hope that everyone who reads this can look past the "color" of someone, or there religion or anything, the most important TRAIT of anyone is there insides and personality. Just on the news was a elderly gentlemen that shot people in the Holocaust museum, he was apart of a white supremacy group aka white naive ignorant people who have nothing better to do with there time then carry on some ridiculous habit that there great great ancestors started. Let me tell you, my grandfather, is no saint, not even close, and he still is prejudice against people.. HOWEVER, I am 21 years old, and I chose to follow my own beliefs, as did my parents and brothers and we believe in God, now God does not prejudice against anyone, all our his children.


I have been PRAISING this whole blog thing, since I have started, I have even tried convincing my closest friends and parents. Yet, they would rather read about my life then have people read about there very own. Yet, after much much begging, and the very fact that now Zach and I are in different areas, I have finally convinced Zach to get a blog.
Now why I wanted this... Zach and I lead very busy lives.. in fact we hardly see each other when we are both in the same place. It seems like our schedules are opposite, so now he can update it on his time and I can update mine on my time and we both know how each others days are going.. Or better yet its a good warning if one of us is having a bad day.
So, as Emily would say, sit back grab a cup of coffee and read all about Zachary Stephen Hosford, the good the bad and the ugly! Hopefully, this can give you both sides to the story and get a better understanding of our relationship and love for each other. So read all about it at.. www.zhosfor.blogspot.com

Have a good night everyone!!

P.s. My amazing boyfriend, has just text me saying he was coming back to tampa, just to spend the next couple days with me before he has to go back to work on Monday. Boy, has God really blessed me. 8 hours driving in a 14 hour span.

P.S.S. after I watched Boy in the stripped pajamas, I watched Fire Proof, and I was obsessed what an amazing and touching movie, today was a good movie day! Go rent both of those, on your next rainy day.. you wont regret it

No comments:

Post a Comment